Monday, September 19, 2011

Mick Jagger will not write an autobiography


Mick Jagger will not write an autobiography
19/Sep/2011 - 13:18

Mick Jagger will not write an autobiography
In an interview with The Times, Mick Jagger has said that he has no plans of writing an autobiography. Rumours surfaced last October that Mick had his own memoirs in the works to lash back at the insults thrown at him by bandmate Keith Richards in his autobiography, "Life".

He said, "I don't particularly want to rummage through my past, it's bad enough rummaging through Some Girls. I think it’s a damaging psychological exercise, to be honest.

"It's very long and involved, and I’d rather be living more in the present. You can’t really do both at the same time. I mean, I enjoy some people's memoirs, I enjoyed Dirk Bogarde's. I thought they were rather wonderful, and done with such a light touch, and rather literary. And," he adds pointedly, "obviously written by himself without a ghost writer." As we know, Keith wrote his book with the help of a ghost writer named James Fox.

He continued, "But the celebrity bio thing is not a genre that particularly takes my interest. Some people have a talent for literature. I'm attracted to literature rather than scuttlebutt."

Of the 2012 tour rumours, he said, "We were talking about the 50th anniversary. There’s lots of things to do on the anniversary. My worry is there’s going to be too much stuff." However, he said he doesn't see much of Keith: "The rest of us are all here [in London] quite a lot, and although he comes here occasionally in the summer, I don’t think any of us see him much. He lives in suburban Connecticut."

He continued, "I don’t know if it’s going to happen. Listen, you could do anything you want if you put your mind to it. I don’t know what’s going to happen next year. We’ll see."

Here's hoping for a new tour! The rest of the interview concerned talk of SuperHeavy.