Saturday, September 24, 2011

Johnny Depp’s got a Rolling Stone's Keef-sake

Johnny Depp’s got a Rolling Stone's Keef-sake

Oil paintings ... Johnny Depp and Keith Richards
Oil paintings ... Johnny Depp and Keith Richards

THE Johnny Depp/Keith Richards love-in has now extended to oil and canvas.


The actor has three pictures he painted of his rocker pal Keef hanging in his Herefordshire mansion.

The latest, in the library, is a painting of the Rolling Stone's profile in thick red oil paint and with a background of king-size Rizla papers.

Bruce Robinson – who directs Depp in new film The Rum Diary, based on the novel by the late hellraiser journalist Hunter S. Thompson – saw the art as well as Johnny's collection of rare book manuscripts.

He said: "I don't know how Johnny gets everything done. With the books, it isn't just a first edition of T S Eliot, it's the manuscript. He showed me a first edition of Les Fleurs Du Mal inscribed by Baudelaire. I couldn't believe it. Then when I got home, I found Johnny had slipped it inside my suitcase."

They must have been