Friday, September 16, 2011

Keith's girl hits town

123116349

Alexandra Richards, who attended a launch for fashion label Diesel in Sydney, will be spinning the decks as guest DJ at Heaven tonight. Picture: Lisa Maree Williams/Getty Images. Source: Getty Images

ROCK royalty offspring Alexandra Richards is down to earth and in Adelaide tonight.

The daughter of Rolling Stone Keith Richards and model Patti Hensen was in Sydney this week for a launch of fashion label Diesel. Tonight is her first time in Adelaide where she will be DJing at Heaven.

"We're supposed to go ... it's like the best, oh yeah, Star of Greece! I heard the atmosphere and the food is supposed to be really great," she tells Confidential.

In keeping with her rock star image, Alexandra reckons she will wear Diesel tonight. "I'm probably going to mix and match," she says. "Gosh, what did I bring down? I have some Dolce and Gabbana heels I brought. Oh gosh, I have no idea what I'm going to wear!"

She has planned some dance-worthy tunes. "I have very eclectic tastes so it depends on who I'm playing for so I'll see what the crowd is like," she says. "I know every Aussie likes to dance and I'm obsessed with '90s music so I love Robin S's Show Me Love, Dance Dance Dance remix. I love Cut Copy, Batrider Shooting Star. Respect by Aretha Franklin."

She is in Australia with boyfriend Nick Cohen. "We are working together which is always fun," she says.

While travelling, she says her iPod list is more mellow and she listens to a lot of reggae.

"I've been on one of those flights where I sit next to like a total club junkie so all you hear from their headphones is the `oomf' thing and all you want is peace and quiet," she says.

"I try to be respectful to my neighbours and not try to annoy them."

Just don't expect her to follow in dad's acting footsteps in Pirates Of the Caribbean.

"I'm more of the non-actress," she says.

Instead, she's working on a handbag line, called Hung on U, with her "mom".

Not just a pretty face, Alexandra also is an artist and hopes to exhibit her paintings in New York.