Thursday, September 22, 2011

Mick Jagger pens new Rolling Stones songs

Mick Jagger pens new Rolling Stones songs

- Singer 'had a really good time doing that' 22 September 2011



Mick Jagger pens new Rolling Stones songs

Sir Mick Jagger has been writing "a lot" for the Rolling Stones.

The Brown Sugar singer revealed he and the band's drummer Charlie Watts recently had a "really good time" performing some of the latest tracks he's penned.

He said: "I have been writing a lot for the Stones. I mean, when I write, I go, 'Yeah, that could be a good Stones tune' or, 'That's not really going to work for that'.

"I did some sessions with Charlie recently where I just played some songs I'd written, and of course I wrote more when he was there.

"I'd start making them up, so that was good fun, so we had a really good time doing that."

The band are set to celebrate their 50th anniversary next year and Mick admitted they are in discussions about some concert dates or even doing a tour.

He explained to The Times: "Well, we're talking about it but I don't know if it's going to happen.

"Listen, you could do anything you want if you put your mind to it. I don't know what's going to happen next year. We'll see."

However, he revealed the band do not see a lot of guitarist Keith Richards - who infamously claimed Mick had a "tiny todger" in his autobiography Life last year - because he lives in the US.

He added: "Well, I really don't see much of him. The rest of us are all here [in London] quite a lot, and although he comes here occasionally in the summer, I don't think any of us sees him much. He lives in suburban Connecticut."