Thursday, April 25, 2013

Ronnie Wood talks about his Stones portraits and his 'Raw Instinct' exhibit (Photos)

Ronnie Wood talks about his Stones portraits and his 'Raw Instinct' exhibit (Photos)


In an interview with Express, Wood said of his Rolling Stones band mates: “They like being painted now. They’ve learned to live with it. They used to see me with a sketchpad and go, ‘Oh, put it away!’ but now they like what I do. I feel that I know them better by painting them. I see them on stage as a moving painting and store the images away in my mental notebook.
“You can get to the heart of people pretty quickly. You’ve got to be an amateur psychologist as a musician as it can be a lonely time backstage on the road. It’s not all reaping the rewards of rock ’n’ roll success and there’s a lot of emotion that goes on in making it all last. I love painting musicians. There’s a shorthand between us and we get each other but what I love doing is going to the races and sketching the real old gambling boys in the paddock