Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Rolling Stones' gigs might be their last, says band member...


Rolling Stones' gigs might be their last, says band member

The Rolling Stones' upcoming gigs might just be it for the band, according to longtime Stones saxophonist Bobby Keyes and reported online Wednesday by Rolling Stone. The band already has been rumored for shows in London and New York and the magazine says more may be added.
But Keyes also says this could be the last time they play live. "The reality is this train is going to pull into the last station pretty soon. I don't know how soon," he was quoted by the magazine. "I feel like it's kind of winding down. This may be sort of the 'Sayonara, see you later, had a good time, keep in touch.' I don't know that for sure. I haven't officially been told anything. I just take my cue primarily from what Keith says, so we'll have to see."
The concerts coincide with a flurry of activity that include an HBO documentary and a three-CD set called “GRRR!” with two new songs. One of the new songs will be premiered on BBC Radio Thursday.