Thursday, May 30, 2013

Mick Jagger dances to stay fit...



 Mick Jagger dances to stay fit.













Sir Mick Jagger dances to stay in shape for The Rolling Stones' shows.
The 'Mother's Little Helper' singer is known for his unique style of dancing, and puts in regular sessions as part of his regime to stay fit for concerts.
He said: ''I train five or six days a week, but I don't go crazy. I alternate between gym work and dancing, then I do sprints, things like that. I'm training for stamina.''
Before a show the singer tries to go to bed early, then follows a set of routines to make sure he is in top shape for the performance.
In an interview with Q magazine, Mick - who will headline Glastonbury with the band this summer - added: ''Bed early the night before [a concert], about 2am. Up at 10 the next morning. Any earlier and you'll be too relaxed by showtime. I have rituals. But my rituals all have a purpose. I give myself two hours to get ready for a show - to tune up the voice and get myself in the right frame of mind mentally and physically.''
While the band were known for their hard living throughout the 60s, 70s and 80s - with guitarist Keith Richards regularly staying up for days on end - but drummer Charlie Watts insists that even after shows they are no longer able to party.
He said: ''There's no sort of going to bed at five in the morning. It's quite normal to wander down the corridor and go to bed at five in the morning when you're young. None of us do that. We try to do it, but by 2am we're [gone].''