Sunday, May 20, 2012

Ronnie Wood's Rolling Stone News, Talks Mick, 'SNL'....

Ronnie Wood's Rolling Stone News, Talks Mick, 'SNL'


 
Exclusive: I had the great pleasure of running into rock legend Ronnie Wood today at La Colombe D’or restaurant in St. Paul de Vence, France. H was there with his manager and two young friends, and never looked better. The former Faces star turned Rolling Stones mainstay and I talked about Mick Jagger’s appearance tonight on “Saturday Night Live” as host.
Will Keith make a surprise appearance, I asked?
Said Ronnie: “Only if it’s in Connecticut.”
What about Keith writing demos and new songs for the Stones and a possible new album?
Ronnie: “I don’t know if Mick’s heard them. I know Keith has been working on stuff with Seve Jordan.”
And a 50th anniversary tour? Ronnie was a little cagey, and his manager–a sweet lady–did’t want him to say too much. “There’s a lot of talk,” Wood said. Ronnie also told me he had a great time at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction of the Faces/Small Faces. “I got to play a great number with Slash,” he said. Slash was inducted along with all of Guns n Roses except for Axl Rose, who declined the invitation.
For the record: Ronnie signed autographs and took pictures with everyone who asked in the dining room of this incredibly famous, beautiful Provence restaurant. A real gent as they say.