Saturday, May 19, 2012

Mick Jagger speaks out about doing double duty on 'Saturday Night Live'...

Mick Jagger speaks out about doing double duty on 'Saturday Night Live'


Rolling Stones lead singer Mick Jagger says doing double duty as the host and musical guest of the 37th season finale of NBC's "Saturday Night Live" is a lot of hard work but very exciting. He also says that people watching the show should be prepared to be surprised. As previously reported, Jagger is doing the episode on May 19, 2012. For his musical performance, he will be joined by Foo Fighters, Arcade Fire and Jeff Beck.
In video interview soundbites that NBC has released to the media, Jagger commented:
"It's very exciting, hosting for the first time, 'SNL.' I've been on the show before. I've done sketches. I've done music. I've just been hanging out for fun. I've always said to Lorne [Michaels, creator/executive producer of 'Saturday Night Live'] when he's asked me, 'I don't want to do it. It's too much hard work. And I was right, of course. It is too much hard work, but it's a lot of fun ...
"'Saturday Night Live' is a surprise to everybody, to the cast, because it changes so much as it goes along. It's the week of rehearsals and the week of writing. And then the sketches get chosen, and then they get changed, and then they get cut. And then they get the musical number is the same. But you know, I'm not going to give any surprises away. It's all a surprise to me ...
"It's a lot of comedy, and you hope you get the funny lines that come to you. And so far, it's been a great experience. All the writers and the actors on the show are really great. They're very encouragng and very sharing."