Friday, October 28, 2011

SUPER COOL.!


Tom Waits describes recording with Keith Richards again: 'He killed me'

Tom Waits has admitted that it was nerve-racking and "a little weird" for him when he reunited on an album with Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards. Richards makes a guest appearance on Waits' 2011 album "Bad as Me," which is set for a U.S./Canadian release on October 24. The two musicians' previous studio collaborations were on Waits' 1985 album "Rain Dogs" and on the song "That Feel" from Waits' 1992 album "Bone Machine."

Waits tells Pitchfork.com:

"I was talking to the record company and they say, 'Any guests you want on the record?' And I said, 'What about Keith Richards?' I was just joking, but somebody went ahead and called him. And then he said, 'Yeah.' And I said, 'Now we're really in trouble.'

“I was really nervous. He came with about 600 guitars in a semi-truck. And a butler. We were in these huge studios in New York, like ‘The Poseidon Adventure.’ Huge, high ceilings in these rooms like football fields.

“They'd fill these things up with orchestras and we were in there with five guys. It felt a little weird. He killed me. I was really knocked out that he played on all those things.”