Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Rod Stewart "pushed" Ronnie Wood to have more babys...



In December last year (15), Ronnie, 68, and wife Sally, who is 31 years his junior, announced she was expecting twin girls.
Rod, who also fathered children with Penny late in life, revealed that he and his wife played a major role in convincing The Rolling Stones star to try for a baby.
"I must admit it was me and Penny that was pushing for them to have children - I'm sure Sally wanted them but she just needed a spokesman and she got it in me," the Faces frontman tells U.K. daytime show host Lorraine Kelly.
Despite advising his friend to become a father again, Rod is amused by the idea of Ronnie becoming a new father. "He doesn't know what's going to happen to him. I laugh every time I think of it," he chuckles.
The Maggie May singer's comments echo the thoughts of Ronnie's ex-wife Jo Wood, who believes her former husband is in for a shock after the twins are born, as he was caught up in his rock and roll lifestyle when their three children were infants.
"When he last had kids, he was flying high on cocaine and booze back then, so missed all the sleepless nights and the crying," Jo, told Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper.
"I don't think he remembers when the babies couldn't sleep and when they were ill. So this time now he's stone cold sober, I think he'll get a shock."
Despite his pal embracing fatherhood, Rod, who has eight children in total, ruled out having any more children when asked if he'd become a dad again, saying, "No no no no. I've got a hockey player, I've got a musician, I've got a ballet dancer, a jazz dancer they are all pursuing wonderful careers in the arts. Extremely proud of them."
Speaking about being an older dad, the 71-year-old says, "I've got eight children and I think I am appreciating it more now in old age than I ever did before. I really cherish those moments."
As for Ronnie, the father-to-be has already chosen a nickname for the twin girls, dubbing them "The Ronettes", after his own name and that of the beloved 1960s female soul group.
BY WENN