Sunday, August 5, 2012

Carla Bruni on her affair with Mick Jagger: 'I thought I’d never fall in love with someone else’...


Carla Bruni on her affair with Mick Jagger: 'I thought I’d never fall in love with someone else’

A new book details the many affairs of the Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger, including his relationship with a 23-year-old Carla Bruni and run-in with a then unknown Angelina Jolie.

Rolling Stones lead singer Mick Jagger
Rolling Stones lead singer Mick Jagger. Photo: AP Photo/Ivan Sekretarev
Christopher Andersen's new biography of Mick Jagger reveals details of the many relationships the 68-year-old Rolling Stones frontman has had.
The Wild Life and Mad Genius of Mick Jagger covers the string of affairs he had during his marriage to the Texan-born model Jerry Hall, including with Carla Bruni.
According to the book:
"...Jagger spotted [Eric] Clapton with a 23-year-old Italian model called Carla Bruni. She seemed to possess every quality he desired: jaw-dropping beauty, youth, money of her own — and, perhaps most important of all, a rock-star boyfriend.
‘Please, Mick,’ Clapton pleaded, ‘not this one. I think I’m in love.’