Monday, November 14, 2016

Mick Jagger made his daughters turn over his famous wardrobe...

Mick Jagger says he had to reclaim some clothes from his model daughters to put in “Exhibitionism: The Rolling Stones” — the vast collection of Stones memorabilia on display at Industria.
“I’m a throwing-out person,” he tells Harper’s Bazaar in its new issue. “Years ago I put [my old duds] in a warehouse, so a lot of the clothes in the exhibition are ones I actually kept. My daughters had ‘borrowed’ them. They thought it was funny to wear my ’70s clothes. I got a couple of things back from them. I used it as a good excuse to say, ‘OK, time for you to give them back now. It has to be hung up in an exhibition.’”
He added that his model daughters “Elizabeth and Georgia . . . can get on those rail-thin trousers.”
Of the show, Jagger says, “I’ve got different feelings about it on different days. Yes, it’s all about the Stones and my life and the band, but it’s still a creative piece of work. So you put yourself in the mind of the person who’s going to visit this show and you go, ‘Well, I think that’s good, but this could be better, and let’s change this,’ so you’re not just wallowing in nostalgia.”

www.pagesix.com